NCR Cadet Leadership School
RCLS is designed for Cadet Officers to learn new skills and knowledge they need to be more effective leaders in their home squadrons and wings. The RCLS blends classroom theory with hands on training to help cadets truly grasp the concepts being presented. There will be pre-RCLS readings, daily assignments and group discussions on leadership, ethics, and management. The students that attend the RCLS will be expected to staff themselves, and maintain the highest standards of academic performance and behavior. The RCLS is academically challenging and the students will have to manage their own time to ensure that they successfully complete RCLS.
To participate, cadets must have completed an encampment and hold the grade of C/MSgt or above. RCLS or Cadet Officer School are pre-requisites for the Eaker Award.
EXTENDED REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 7, 2019, 11:59 PM. No refunds due to limited registration time unless course is cancelled. To complete registration, send a completed/signed CAPF 60-81 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Susan Blessman, Lt. Col, CAP, 2019 RCLS Director email@example.com
Registrants will be contacted with a list of other required CAP forms and packing list. Registration price includes snacks, lunches, and a polo shirt.
How do I register?
1. Purchase a ticket through Eventbrite. No exceptions.
2. Immediately send an email to s.t.blessman with your name, squadron including wing, and your shirt size. We need to order the polos on Monday, July 8 in order to have them for the RCLS.
3. To complete registration, send a completed/signed CAPF 60-81 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will receive an email with further instructions (CAP Forms to complete, polo shirt size, etc.).
4. Contact Lt Col Blessman immediately if you need transportation arrangements from MSP. Plan to come in on Friday night, July 19, and leave Thursday morning, July 25.
Housing: We are seeking host families in MNWG for "outstate" and out of state cadets. An alternative option is bunking at the squadron requiring sleeping bags/cots. All cadet protection policies will be enforced. Please contact Lt Col Blessman with questions: email@example.com
Food Allergies: depending on the allergy, if known in advance we can accommodate accordingly.
PARENTS AND SENIOR MEMBERS: Please register through Eventbrite to help with the RCLS. There's a minimal fee to help with food cost. Seniors are needed day/night; parents during the day hours. Yes, this is a day school. Evenings are open. Cadets will need spending money.