Successful Wreaths Across America Day Throughout North Central Region
Units from across all seven states of North Central Region participated in the annual Wreaths Across America Day on Saturday, December 18, 2021, recognizing the service and sacrifices of veterans and their families. Bravo Zulu to our members for again participating in this worthy annual event – where, nationwide, 2.4 million wreaths were placed at over 3,100 veterans’ cemeteries and monuments across the country. #RememberHonorTeach #LiveTheirLegacy2021
Activities across the region included:
• Kansas Wing's Konza Composite Squadron honored service members at the Kansas Veterans' Cemetery in Ft. Riley, KS.
• Minnesota Wing's Skyhawk Composite Squadron, St. Croix Composite Squadron, Stanton Composite Squadron, and Viking Composite Squadron placed wreaths at the Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis, MN.
• Members of Kansas Wing's Heartland Cadet Squadron and Missouri Wing's Lee's Summit Composite Squadron honored service members at the World War 1 Memorial in Kansas City, MO.
• Members of Missouri Wing's Platte Valley Composite Squadron, Harry S. Truman Composite Squadron, and the Excelsior Springs Flight honored service members at the Terrace Park Cemetery in Kansas City, MO.
• Missouri Wing's Table Rock Lake Composite Squadron participated in the ceremony and placed wreaths at the Springfield Veterans' Cemetery in Springfield, MO.
• Members of Nebraska Wing’s Fremont Cadet Squadron placed wreaths at three veterans’ cemeteries.
• North Dakota Wing's Bismarck Composite Squadron lead the way with wreath placement at the North Dakota Veterans' Cemetery.
• South Dakota Wing's Lincoln County Composite Squadron spearheaded the effort at the South Dakota Veterans' Cemetery new Sioux Falls, SD.
• South Dakota Wing’s Crazy Horse Composite Squadron honored veterans at the Custer Cemetery in Custer, SD.